Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pictorial: How to fill a cupake

I recently made chocolate cupcakes with nutella buttercream and the center was filled with NUTELLA!!! Who doesn't LOVE a filled cupcake!  And with NUTELLA!!!  I just tasted Nutella for the first time about a month ago and man oh man have I been missing out!!!!  My husband and I are both a bit smitten with Nutella right now! 

Anyway, back to the matter at hand...  I thought I would blog today with a pictorial of how to fill a cupcake.  Like really fill a cupcake!  Not just a squirt of icing inside but actually remove cake and replace it with delicious filling.  That filling could be icing, pudding, or even fruit filling.    I would like to share how I core and fill my cupcakes. 

                                   So, start out with a plain and completely cooled cupcake.



To core the cupcake, I use one of these cupcake corer thingies....  you could also use an apple corer if available. 



Insert the corer in to the cupcake about 3/4 of the way and remove a chunk of cake.  SAVE THE PIECE OF CAKE! 












 


I have placed Nutella in one piping bag and Nutella buttercream in the other.  Fill the cupcake to the rim with Nutella.






Replace the extra cake back on to the filling, pressing gently.  It will sit up taller than the rest of the cupcake, but no worries... this will only help with the pretty peak of your icing!



Ice your cupcake and there you have it!!! One deliciously filled cupcake!  Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio